Thursday 19 May 2011

A good day to be a French-American.

Just a couple of things to liven up the afternoon:

AG2R got a win yesterday at the Giro in the form of John Gadret. Even Nica Roche had typically enthused, nice things to say.  I'm glad he's finally got over this.  And I'm glad they haven't let their poo-brown shorts keep them down.

George offers up a camp stance and some fashion advice at the AToC.  I hope everyone's wearing Hincapie Sportswear.

Ted King wonders on his most excellent website how many times people can confuse him and Ben King.  Glad to know it's not just my dad.

On that note, is it just cuz George Hincapie is so tall that Ben King looks so small in the US Champs jersey?

Who doesn't like Christophe Le Mevel after reading this story?  And that's before you even consider that David Millar admires him for his 'panache'.  And he started the Giro with a bronchial infection? That's hardcore.  Obviously everyone's favorite Frenchman is Team Sass' star rider little Thomas Voeckler, but you've gotta love this: "We want to prove that a Frenchman can do it." Gauntlet thrown. 

Uhhh, is Martinelli being mistranslated here?  It's all a bit ridiculous anyway and then he starts in with Pantani and the paintbrush, or whatever, and I just lose all sense of what he's on about.  Maybe he's had too much bad meat at Pistolero's Steakhouse.

I'm sorry, what?  Google Translate is telling me that says 'Cavendish attached to these'.  'These' being bananas.  Which makes no sense, in any language. I love it. In the sign-making olympics, I think it's a dead heat between America and the Tifosi.

No comments:

Post a Comment