Sunday 3 July 2011

Millar Time.


Stage 2: Les Essarts- Les Essarts

Why don’t we talk about Klodi possibly being in yellow? Why are we just always endlessly talking about Sky and G Thomas and the endless potential that Sky NEVER FULFILL?

I’m not sure of the validity of a team time trial, but they sure used to be a thing of beauty in the Postal/Disco Days.

“Sky and HTC have this rivalry… Mark Cavendish loves to beat them…”  As if I didn't like Cav enough.  But honestly, how annoying would it be to be on HTC and WIN EVERYTHING and just have people CONSTANTLY talk about another team who WINS NOTHING as like your equal.

If HTC lapped Sky out on course that would be so epic.

YEAH ‘watch out for a surprise from AG2R’!  GET IN THERE NICA ROCHE.

In terrible foreshadowing of Bernie's crash-tastic taking of that corner, Paul explains that TT bikes are "designed to go fast in a straight line”. Don't deviate from the formula!

“Look at the STYLE there of that man, he’s just gonna jump in front of his teammate and give him a break.”  They are all about Lil Tom this year!  The praise is so effusive!

 FUCK YOU SKY.  Garmin OWNED you.

Oh Bernie!!!

They're gonna make me cry with this commentary! “A very, very popular member of the squad. He will be very embarrassed by that, sitting on the floor.”  Not that I would want anyone to fall, but certainly never Bernie!

"Fabian Cancellara is worth THREE men." Honestly, sometimes I wonder if they don't actually love some of these riders.

Oh come on, they won't let it go! "This will forever be known as ‘Eisel Corner’."

"You’ve got big power in there, you’ve got George Hincapie."

I am lovin' Lay-oh-pard Trek very much.  I almost wish there were more Schlecks, just cuz it amuses me so much with two of them: "117 Schleck, that’s Frank; 111 Schleck, that’s Andy."

If Bernie gets eliminated cuz of the time cut, I’ll stop watching.

I won't, but it will be really stupid. Like when Robbie Hunter got eliminated before the Champs.  

Well, amazing bit of work from BMC, but what do you expect from a squad captained (lieutenant-ed?) by Big George Hincapie.

TheShack were certainly excellent as well, though I would've preferred if they could've beaten Sky. But I would've preferred if everyone could've beaten Sky, really.

And considering the Schlecks mostly move backwards in a Time Trial, I am serrrrrriously impressed with the Leopards. Obviously Spartacus is worth three men, but they kicked some serious ass, even with nature clearly against them.

I suppose if anyone had to beat the Leopards, I'm ok that it's Garmin.  Cuz they guarantee podium japes.  Also, Dave Z always offers up an amused, wry smile, the expression of which he is king.

Plus, hello, could I actually love David Millar more?

Until tomorrow, we'll await Cav's clandestine photo of Bernie's wounded bum.

1 comment:

  1. VdV seems almost comically nice. Like a big old goofy smile. Could that team BE more American?!? If not in actual ridership nationality, then at least in temperament.

    Lot of bromance going on. They're going to have to start calling this the Tour de Brokeback Mountain. Starring Cav & Bernie and VdV & David Millar.

    ReplyDelete